[pianotech] Fw: compass needle voicing tool -supply list

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Feb 11 18:43:59 MST 2012

Subject: compass needle voicing tool -supply list

List,
 The Boston Chapter had David Stanwood and Tony Mckenna present a program last year on the ball pien hammer compass needle voicing technique.
I'm still working on this in my practice so I'll refrain from trying to explain the process, but I did make a tool to hold the compass needle.
The links for both the needles , the hammer and the chuck I used are here. The wood handle I purchased at a craft type store in my area that specializes in wooden toys
and the like.
I put a few of these together for my chapter friends also. If I make another batch I think a few lead keyweights inbedded in the handle would give the tool more "heft "and help the tool do more of the work.
I will add that a wood voicing block something like (V2 or V3 Schaff  or JVR-2 or JVR-3 Pianotek )  is required to support the hammer

http://www.cmlsupply.com/mini-keyless-chuck-1-4-shank-for-micro-drill-bits.html

http://www.draftingsteals.com/20046.html

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/VAUGHAN-Ball-Pein-Hammer-3NWX4