[pianotech] Open letter to CA users...

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Sun Feb 12 21:01:44 MST 2012

I'm repinning a grand with oversized pins and upon attempting to remove the becket from the old pins to take the old pins out, I've discovered the major pain in the bu** that can materialize from careless CA work.

Apparently, it was too difficult to direct the CA at the bottom of the tuning pin, and instead an easier route was chosen to just pour the CA over the coil and let it run down into the hole.  Since I'm now repinning, the CA didn't work all that well on pin tightness, but it was most excellent at insuring the becket was unable to leave it's little home in the tuning pin. ;-)

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com