[pianotech] Broken leg on 5 month old Steinway D

PIANO2NR at aol.com PIANO2NR at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 19:46:06 MST 2012

Hello list;
Has anyone else experienced this?  Piano is in new university chapel  with
smooth, short nap carpet and gets rolled twice a week about 20 -30  feet.
It seems to me that the base of the leg with the grain running cross  ways on
the back leg would be prone to breaking and the large caster being so
offset from the leg would add to the stress.  Piano has been repaired and
placed on cart without the brass casters.  But since base of leg is not
laminated, it looks to me like this is an accident waiting to happen.

Randy Mangus, RPT