[pianotech] 1891 Steinway Upright

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu Feb 16 13:32:52 MST 2012

As far as the plate and the rest of the superstructure being able to handle
the additional tension, that is not an issue.  Most of the A-435 pianos out
there are tuned at A-440 with no apparent harm.  All of them are
sufficiently overbuilt that they will handle it, unless there are
compromising structural defects.

Will Truitt