[pianotech] merinoa-do not click link!

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Sun Feb 19 21:30:26 MST 2012

On 02/19/2012 09:53 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:
> On 2/19/2012 9:51 PM, David Skolnik wrote:
>> I heard from Jim Frazee. He was most certainly hacked. He has closed
>> that account, though, as before, I'm not certain what that will do, for
>> him or for us. He was using a Mac, so that can't be a good sign, can it?
>
> It just means that Mac has finally gotten enough market share to be worth the trouble of sociopaths. Other than users,
> that is.
> Ron N

Well....... I'll strongly disagree because his email address is "jimfrazee at msn.com" which "msn.com" has been known for a
large number of hackers - just like "yahoo.com"

PLUS, msn.com is hosted on a Windows server - which - we all know is highly susceptible to viruses, etc.

AND, to make matters worst, if he is using "web" email instead of an email client (like, Thunderbird) then the chances
are even greater of getting hijacked because the emails reside on "msn" servers until deleted.

This is why I REFUSE to use ANY web email service.

Just sayin',
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years