[pianotech] adding weights

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Feb 25 08:01:54 MST 2012

It all makes perfect sense!  Well done you!

Child labor is the answer to many things, I feel (I am JOKING here,
folks!).  Some years ago we took some foreign students on a trip to the
nuclear power station near here (there was a visitor centre then, with
tours. Not sure if there still is).  Water is heated by nuclear fuel
rods, to make steam to drive turbines to make electricity.

I was struck by the small physical size of the two turbines, which have
a very large output, making something like a quarter of all Scotland's
electricity.  I found myself thinking, Why mess about with nuclear fuel
rods. If you had a sufficient number of  hyperactive chilldren on
bicycles, with the right gearing, they could spin the turbines.....

After all, we never heard about children with ADHD when we sent them
down the mines and up the chimneys......

I am JOKING folks, OK?

Best regards,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk