[pianotech] OT for Duaine H

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Feb 27 22:50:35 MST 2012

Don,

A lot of what you said is - simply - not - true !!!!!!

For the um-teenth time, Anti-Virus software is only good for the KNOWN viruses. Meaning, if someone in this group were
to create a NEW virus and sends it out via the email group. ANY Anti-virus software is NOT going to catch it because it
is NEW and the software companies have never heard of it yet. So you have just gotten SCREWED - and - there is not a
damn thing you can do about it - except rebuild your system.

For example, I use semi-simple passwords (because I have so many) and they are pretty repetitive, HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT -
EVER - GOTTEN HACKED. And I attribute that to the items I previously discussed !!

Yes, all emails and email addresses reside in the "cloud". However, if you use an email client, the "cloud" time is
reduced to a very, very short time, since they are downloaded to your desltop / laptop. So now you are in complete control.

Also, if you use an email client, where your email addresses are stored - the "cloud" will _never_ know what they are.

How long have you been dealing with computers (desktop, etc) ???

I have been dealing with them since the very beginning since 1983.

And, yes, there was a time that I was a Microsoft BIGOT. But now, I learned my lesson, and avoid them like the PLAGUE.

Which is why I started my webpage about MS & Windows, so the public can see and get the REAL STORY !!!

http://www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com/other/microsoft.html

Also, since _Day 1_, MS has been screwing with the public. People were loving MS-DOS so well, that they had a terrible
time getting their first version of Windows out. To force it, PC manufacturers _had to pay for a LICENSE for Windows
whether they INSTALLED it or not._ So that is how we got Windows. _This came out in the lawsuit with IBM over the fight
between IBM-DOS and MS-DOS._

Plus before getting into pianos, I had a computer career of 24+ years (Mainframes, Midrange, Desktops and Laptops).

So, I _know_ what I'm talking about .... not sure that you do <grin>

Duaine

P.S. I could discredit you on almost any point, if I really wanted to.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years