[pianotech] Rebuilder in New Orleans

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 12:25:40 MDT 2012

I'm not in New Orleans and forget the name of the rebuilder I knew there, but whoever looks at this thing should examine the action brackets CLOSELY, as some were of pot metal that is likely rotten, and exact replacements (if replacements at all) are probably not available. If they want to rebuild it, though, I might have a whole set of pristine, new parts for one of these (especially if it's a 5'4"):  Abel hammers on new shanks, pins, bass strings, rough-cut pinblock ---maybe even recovered keys on a clean keyframe! ( I forget.) All for 1K. (Oh yeah. And a set of the "replacement" brackets American used to sell, that'll probably need some "fiddling" with to get right.) These are dandy-sounding little pianos, though, when in good condition!

Thumpe
(706) 351-7817