[pianotech] mp3 recordings

erwinspiano erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jun 2 12:07:43 MDT 2012

Mark
 my intention is to get some high quality mics to add to it. It has input ports for such upgrades. I,d like to tweak it until I can say this a sound that is like being in the same room without editing and such.
Dale

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1Mark Dierauf <pianotech at nhpianos.com> wrote:           Dale -

That's quite a nice sound for a inexpensive handheld unit, isn't it? I'm not hearing much from the high treble, so I'd recommend getting a couple of stand-alone mics and stands so you can play around with placement and balance to get a more representative sound. The piano sounds great - I'll bet your customer is one happy camper!

I think your format of using still photos with good quality recordings is the way to go on YouTube. Most of the inexpensive video cameras' recorded audio that I hear there sounds really terrible, and I can't imagine it impressing a potential customer. Before I sold my A I was in the process of producing a 'digital brochure' to promote it online. I had a guy come by and shoot some video of me playing the piano and talking through some of the work that had been done. He sent me the rough draft and the audio of piano sounds horrible, with distortion even at mezzo piano. I know that it's possible to get HQ audio synced with video, but for guys like us trying to do it ourselves it's probably much less expensive to record the audio separately and add still photos.

- Mark