[pianotech] Lakeone

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Wed Jun 6 11:31:26 MDT 2012

I would add that the Lakewood is very handy stuff to have around. I
carry the small kit with me on my rounds, and have used it in customer's
homes for repairing stripped screw holes, including stripped lyre
screws. In fact, once I had to fill large sections of the underside of a
keybed where the lyre had literally been torn out of the piano. You can
mix it thin, so it will be self-leveling or run down into small hinge
screw holes, or as a thick putty for working overhead, as on lyre
screws. It's my method of choice for repairing stripped Steinway action
bracket screws. It's not inexpensive, and it reeks like bondo on
steroids, but I  I wouldn't want to be without it.

- Mark