[pianotech] S&S K(52) Restoration

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jun 12 12:41:26 MDT 2012

Hi Gene,

Yes, that is what I did. I do not have a better picture of it however. What I did was simply rout out enough material around each of the outer-most tuning pin holes in each section, but leaving all the original plate screw holes. Made for inserts of rather interesting shapes. But I didn't worry so much about getting a perfect fit for the inserts, rather I simply made sure there was insert wood where all the tuning pin holes were and bonded the inserts in place using the West System two-step bonding method (with West System epoxy). The gaps were filled with epoxy thickened with West System High Density Adhesive Filler.

Seems to have worked.

Terry Farrell