[pianotech] question about keys to unlock lid of piano

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 15:38:03 MDT 2012

Hi Everyone,
I received a call today from a guy who has a Kimball piano. He didn't know if it was a spinet or console.  He bought it used.  He said the key cover is open but he doesn't have a key to unlock the lid so that I can get in to tune it.  so my question is, what kind of key does a Kimball use. Woud a Yamaha key work?  If there is a different kind of key, how woudl I obtain one and what kind of key will open a Kimball?  thanks
Marshall
MARSHALL'S PIANO SERVICE
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com