[pianotech] Fw: question about keys to unlock lid of piano

tomtuner at verizon.net tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Jun 12 18:47:56 MDT 2012

Subject: Re: [pianotech] question about keys to unlock lid of piano

Typo  from Tom :    “Do away with the think”   Now you know the truth about me !
Tom D.

Marshall,
Just a follow-up to Williams post below.  Yes, the Wurlie school piano has a lock on the side. (both sides ? ) the key was a simple
affair but hard to find for sure. I would propose to the owner to do away with the think. Drill it out,Pry it out, punch it out with a hammer and punch, explosives could be an alternative but ---find a way !
If cosmetics are a concern just glue a wooden plug into the hole after demolition.
Who needs a lock on a Kimball in a private home anyway ?
My take,
Tom Driscoll