[pianotech] FW: Re: metro vac and blow (a little OT)

Joseph Giandalone rufy at rcn.com
Tue Jun 19 08:11:22 MDT 2012

Gentlepersons,

I realize this may be a TEENY TINY BIT off-topic but, as I'm amazed, every time I sample some of the discourse herein displayed, by the astounding breadth and depth of knowledge and experience, astute analysis and trenchant commentary put forth here by all y'all, I hoped that perhaps someone could explain to me why, in Men's Rooms, guys wash their hands after flushing, instead of just using their (clothed) elbow to flush the urinal (or their foot to flush the commode) ????? Never mind that the vast majority of them only PRETEND to wash their hands (dribbling some cold water on them, no soap) and then proceed to grab the exit door handle in their full manly grip (bare handed) ???? Is it just that the internalized Mommy is watching? Is it all a charade? And to what end??

(P.S. I use the elbow/foot method and grab the door handle with something other than a bare hand. Is there a flaw in my logic? Am I just as bad as the rest of you??)

(P.P.S. I understand that the worst germs by far are on the handles of supermarket shopping carts.)

(P.P.P.S. to the illustrious Mr. Thumpe: Some people will just never get over it, will ya? Still jealous of "The Hippies" for their few years of glorious fun, way back when. How sad.)

Joseph Giandalone
Conway, MA