[pianotech] Storytone - Soundboad-less piano

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:47:20 MDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Joseph Garrett
<joegarrett at earthlink.net>wrote:

> Dale said:
> "Trix had a client call today with a story tone piano. It is not a Story
> and Clark acoustic piano with a story tone soundboard.
> It has no soundboard. It was apparently one of the first amplified pianos
> made. It needs work on the amplifier and who knows what.
> The question?
> Any one have any experience with these that I may put in touch with her. I
> want to be out of the evolutionary electronic loop. capische?"
>

> Dale,
> Where's your sense of adventure!??? I'd say you need to mix it up a bit and
> get out of that rut you're in!<G>
> There is one of those in the PTG Museum. Ask Jack, he's knows it all.<G>
> Joe
>

> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
> Captain of the Tool Police
> Squares R I

I was called out on one of those about 15 or 20 years ago by a HS classmate
of mine, I think if memory serves, it was in the house when he bought it,
in the basement of course. It was a spinet, again if I'm recalling
correctly & the tuning pins seemed awfully loose. He had no one that played
& he was wondering if there was any value to it, I couldn't find anyone
interested in it at the time & I believe it ended up in the landfill.
My point is that unless someone wanted to restore it as a museum piece the
cost of restoration would probably out weigh any interest as a conversation
piece.
Mike

--

I think we are a product of all our experiences.
Sanford I. Weill<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/sanfordiw283095.html>

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404