[pianotech] bad technique

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 28 09:05:18 MDT 2012

Wim said:
"Gene,
You can make a screw driver as Joe suggested. But the way I used to remove
these nuts is by gently tapping on one side of the nut with a small screw
driver blade. Depending on how tight it is, determines the size of the
hammer, and the force used to loosen it."

Wim,
Bad advice, if the thing needs to be used again. Just what you need is a
weird brass nut that is all gowed up from banging on it with an
inappropriate tool! I guess that's why I'm the CotTP.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I