[pianotech] Wood? (Straightening of.)

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 19:22:19 MDT 2012

I remember when I first went to the hardware store to replace a vintage, Made in USA screw (with a bunged-up slot) with a modern one, only to find that its "steel" replacement weighed only 1/2 as much!!! (What do they do, make these vthings "Air-Puff'd" or something?) After 6 such screws broke off while trying to screw and glue a cover board back to the maple back post assembly in an upright, I switched to the star-drive deckers.