[pianotech] string height measurements in MM

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 21 13:27:56 MDT 2012

Hello,

Would anyone be able to recommend a good tool for measuring the string
heights in mm?-Is there any digital ones nowadays?...
My gauge is the only thing i use that is not metric, and i find it very
confusing!

Thanks in advance,

Lewis,
PianoTek has a Tape Measure that can be locked in position and has a window
to read Inside measurements. I've been using this device for years,
(different maker, but same tool), with excellent results. the other types
are really not very accurate. I back those measurements up with the trick
of setting the hammers to just "block" on the strings of the 1st and last
of each section. Kind of goes along with "Measure Twice - Cut Once" idea.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police