[pianotech] stealth temperaments

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 08:11:08 MDT 2012

On 5/1/2012 6:13 AM, Joseph Giandalone wrote:

> It seems to me that much of what we hear when we hear music, is what we
> EXPECT to hear – that is, we have absorbed a 12-tone equal-temperament
> scale from the time we were little babies, so that is what we hear.

I might agree with that if the only music heard during one's life was keyboard music.Remember, ET doesn't exist in the wider world of music - band, choir, orchestra, etc...Combine that with the lack of ability of many tuners to actually tune ET, even whenthey insist that ET is the only proper tuning and you might come to a different conclusion. (present company excepted, of course!)
Ron Koval