[pianotech] Gen-u-whine Steinway parts

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Wed May 2 06:23:19 MDT 2012

It's known as the "Leap of Faith".

Will Truititt

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:45 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Gen-u-whine Steinway parts

On 5/1/2012 8:06 PM, Kent Swafford wrote:
> 6.
>
> If you believe
> http://orgs.usd.edu/nmm/Violins/Stradivari3598/3598StradViolin.html

Thanks. That's what I found too after I went looking. So of the 526,
depending on which of the offered numbers you accept, remaining violins, the
sound of the originals was so overwhelmingly revered that all but six of
them were substantially altered with new, longer, more angled necks
producing higher string tensions and different tonal characteristics.

The one thing that seems to be universal about the worship of Steinway,
Stradivarius, the Grateful Dead, JoBu, or any other of the many popular
choices is the indistinct and rather arbitrary nature of the available Gods.

Ron N