[pianotech] New List/Olde List - was Gen-u-whine Steinway..blah blah...yada, yada

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed May 2 17:23:33 MDT 2012

Ed Foote said:
"Hmm, I don't know, exactly, what I signed up for, but I get emails from
both lists. I can respond to them as emails. I don't see strange posts when
I take the trouble to go to the PTG website and crawl through the labryinth
to the postings.
Am I missing something, ?"

 Ed,
Yes. Your statement "..when I take the trouble to go to the PTG website and
crawl through the labryinth to the postings" is precisely the PROBLEM! We
should not have to do all of that to get to a discussion. That's my take on
it. Will's comment about slashing his wrists if the HL thang was all there
was. I agree with him whole heartedly. Sigh!<G>
As for the discussion about the Steinway "golden era" pianos, I'd agree
there, as well. Just don't have to work so hard to get the darned thing to
be "GOLDEN"!<G> IMO, it's still the best for projection/overall
musicallity, when everything is right.
Best Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.