[pianotech] Mystery Clamp

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun May 6 18:07:13 MDT 2012

On 5/6/2012 6:46 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Ron,
> There is 1/2 of it missing!

Yep, that was a given.

>The whole "system" is used to clamp long
> thangs. This is accomplished by mounting both parts to your work bench, at
> approximately the length of said "long thang". Then the part, that you have
> is worked to bring it up tight on the "long thang" that's abutted to the
> other part, (that has gone missing on you.<G>)

So far no mystery. It looked to me that's about the only thing it could be.

> I have both parts and have,
> on a few occasions used it to glue up legs, and such..<G>  Hope that helps.

Almost, but not yet. Is yours the same brand? If so, what the heck is it?

> Best Regards,
> Joe
>
> P>S.
> Love the JB Weld/Magnet story!<G>  Only you would have come up with that
> one!<G>  (I'll have to give that a try.<G>)

Even if you have to invent a need, it's worth the trouble for the show.
"Cheap date" recommended.

Agree that we all should try new
> stuff on a regular basis.<G>

Absolutely, or revisit old stuff with new tools.
Ron N