[pianotech] Old can of worms (was Re: tunelab vs verituner)

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Mon May 7 15:20:04 MDT 2012

Amen, David!

We're not out to flunk anybody!  We want more RPT's!  We encourage those
of you who want to better their skills and to meet some sort of
'standard'!  If you don't want that, then keep it to yourself and just
continue what you're doing.

As a matter of fact, I had to take the aural twice 20 years ago.  As the
examiners were checking the various stages in my test, they would comment
and help me on how to hear the problems I was facing...mostly the tenor
and very high treble.  One examiner actually invited me for some further
private tutoring to make sure I passed it the second time, which I did!

We don't want to beat anyone up, really!  Please take the help as just
that; HELP!

At least for me, I don't "look down my nose" at those who aren't RPT's,
but wish they would ask for help....or,  if they're just happy where they
are and don't want the acronym after their names, then go for it, and quit
whining about the classifications.

It's interesting that those who whine the most on this topic are either
not interested in improving nor are even members of PTG.

Paul