[pianotech] palm nailers?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu May 10 11:13:31 MDT 2012

On 5/10/2012 11:46 AM, jim at grandpianosolutions.com wrote:
> Looking for a palm nailer, mainly for inserting dowels in S&S rails, but
> perhaps also for tuning pins.

If you're planning on driving tuning pins, the little one won't get it.
You need the power and mass of the big one. I bought one from Harbor
Freight figuring I'd try a cheap disposable nailer before upgrading to a
better class tool, but have been using the cheap one just fine ever
since. I bought a little Grip-Rite mini a couple of years ago to play
with. It won't drive tuning pins, but may do rail dowels okay. Don't know.

FWIW,
Ron N