[pianotech] Old can of worms (was Re: tunelab vs verituner)

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu May 10 14:24:35 MDT 2012

I've known Mark for 30 years and he is a really fine tuner and technician.
What makes him such is that, either way, he's really paying close attention
to what is going on and continuing to learn. To support his comment about
voicing, I simply do not see how one can become a good voicer without highly
developed aural sensitivities to the tone of the piano, because voicing and
tuning are separate but intertwined, and the ability to listen to the
instrument is key.

Will Truitt.