[pianotech] Eavestaff minipiano

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri May 11 14:41:43 MDT 2012

I know, you're right Richard! They sound much better than they should!

This one unfortunately DID have an action problem; the damper lift rod
wasn't acting evenly from the pedal, and the treble dampers were just
barely lifting off the strings at the top (with the bass ones acting
immediately you touch the pedal).  I discussed it with the customer, who
fully understood the time implications of removing the action from that
piano, and we decided to leave well alone for now, as it was just about
acceptable with the pedal fully depressed.

It's so weird seing that action, with the bass hammers all to the side
like that!  When I think about it too, that might be the first rounded
frame one that I've come across. I have friends who have an Eavestaff,
but its the straight frame.

Best regards,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk