[pianotech] Why I asked Dale to please not share photos of the felt cutter with everyone.......

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 19:59:05 MDT 2012

Dear List Members,
     I assure you it is not out of greed. My business has completely disintegrated here due to the current economic climate. ( Plus, I was already attempting to survive in the poorest county for its size in the nation- literally poorer than Guatemala- with barely any desirable or lucrative business.)* I have about 150 hours of trial-and-error research in this tool, plus hundreds of dollars invested in parts, most non-returnable; and while I don't envision "getting rich" with it, would like to recoup just a tad of that investment, if possible. But perhaps much more importantly, suspect that photos would launch a frenzy of attempts to re-create the device which, frankly, would lead many to extreme frustration and wasted energy. ( Most of that 150 hours was spent trying to find the right combination of "shelf parts" to make it with.)
     But I'm delighted to announce that Joe "Tool Police Captain" Garrett and I have agreed to collaborate on refining the device, and perhaps manufacturing it in quantity; so that when and if it becomes commercially available ( or is relinquished to the "public domain" ) it will be in the best possible form.

Anyone interested in contacting me may do so by email; or phone  at:
(706) 351-7817

Thanks!
Gordon Lee Stelter
(Thumpe)

*The last customer I had here ( before deciding to only fix pianos as a hobby) presented me with a reeking house full of literal garbage waist-high in some rooms, a piano full of mouse poops, and grinning tales of tying people to bumpers and dragging them down gravel roads, tying them to chairs and pulling out their toenails, and etc.. Naturally, I wanted to grab my tools and split;  but knew that would create in him suspicions that I was going to the police ( and then I'd be his next victim---he knows where my shop is!)  so, for personal safety, stood there and listened to these disgusting stories while grinning, as if in approval! The spiritual damage to me, although temporary, was severe: I shook for days on account of it. So I'm no longer officially "in business" here as a piano technician, and am supremely grateful for a friend with a house that needs much fixing up!