[pianotech] phenomana - Another ETD Check

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue May 15 07:54:41 MDT 2012

On 5/15/2012 8:29 AM, Ron Koval wrote:
> Ok - seeking data - I like that!
>
> I'd be willing to take a look into this - we're currently around 45%RH
> indoors around here. Obviously, this will be a long-term project!

At least one seasonal change, from a low RH% to a high, or the reverse..

> Does it matter what size/kind of piano? I have a wide variety at the
> college.

Maybe, but I don't know yet. Just a good clean tuning piano without a
lot of wild strings ought to be a good point of departure.

> I've sent emails out to a few individuals that may have done this
> already, to save me some time and effort.

Excellent!

> I'll let you know if I get anything back...

Thanks, hopefully, we might learn something useful, or at least more
closely define an impossibility.
Ron N