[pianotech] Da Dog Thang - Should BE OFF TOPIC! Groan!!!

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue May 15 13:12:40 MDT 2012

I think it's fascinating, the idea that absolute pitch isn't a solely
human attribute, and by gum, that video does strongly suggest it. First
time I saw or heard of such a thing (er, "thang".) I didn't find my
attention flagging for a second. The pooch didn't get a single pitch
wrong. Someone more cynical would say the stupid animal couldn't tell
which octave to play. Yeah, and someone in our class tuned the bass of
their newly restrung upright an octave low, as well.

You know, I don't really understand why people who moan about something
being OT should automatically deserve more consideration than those who
enjoy this kind of thing. If everybody were totally tight-assed about OT
posting, the list could end up so sterile I'd not even bother to read
it. One more very LONG and DETAILED and quite disembodied discussion
about partials, just like all the other ones for the last ten or fifteen

ssssssssssssssssssssssnnnnn

http://www.wimp.com/dogpitch/"

Paul, More like DogPatch! Groan! Lame! Whatever. Ya needs to get a life
Paul.<G> Joe Joe Garrett, R.P.T. Captain of the Tool Police Squares R I