[pianotech] phenomana - experiment.

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue May 15 18:57:39 MDT 2012

On 5/15/2012 7:19 PM, David Renaud wrote:

> will check the exact  Wording in the the guidelines so you get as
> precise a picture as possible. I'll also share the favored aural test
> for expansion out of the temperment into treble.... Think I'll send
> that privately two you fellows. Don't need to invite a great debate
> on how a master Tuning should be done or not, just  need to let you
> know how to set up the experiment.

Don't bother. I have neither a use for it, nor an interest. This has
nothing to do with what I am asking.

> I hear you about wanting a real aural tuning. That can be done also.

The only way it will mean anything is if it is done as a master tuning
by a test committee on a piano previously tuned by a test committee as a
master tuning at a significantly different RH%, and the recorded tunings
compared.

Ron N