[pianotech] what woudl you do?

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Thu May 17 16:18:00 MDT 2012

Hi, Wim:
First, I'm glad to hear you got out of there with no incident.
I once had a customer that called me, but wasn't home.  She rescheduled.  I went again, and the only ones home were her daughters.  I refused to enter.  There was no husband in the picture.  She sent me my fee anyway, but I never heard from her again.
I absolutely refuse to enter if there are no parents home, and only underage kids.  Liability is too much in such situations.  If anything were to happen, even if it wasn't your fault, you'd be screwed big time.  At least, you'd have to defend yourself.  On your dime.
I even make sure the parents are close by, and never alone in a room with a child.  Sometimes, they want to get on the bench with you.  No way, Jose.
Just my take.
Paul McCloud
San Diego