[pianotech] S&S K(52) Restoration

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Mon May 21 00:15:30 MDT 2012

In an upright piano the soundboard liner is not exactly "structural." That is, it is the member to which the soundboard panel is glued but it does not support anything else: no string tension load and no plate. In the production piano I just made the cutoff bar extend the full width of the piano and moved it up some; the pinblock did not extend down quite as far as some. This made it possible to locate the bridge very close to the middle of the ribs.

This could probably be done during a retrofit as well. It might take a bit of hacking on the original pinblock. Each would be a separate case.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA
Phone  360.515.0119 — Cell  360.388.6525
del at fandrichpiano.comddfandrich at gmail.com