[pianotech] S&S K(52) Restoration

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon May 21 13:39:44 MDT 2012

There are several claims and apparent assumptions being made about the
benefits having the bridge located in the center of the soundboard.  What's
that based on?  Why would you necessarily want it centered?  It suppose it
sounds logical to have a centered bridge in terms of load bearing--maybe,
but what about the acoustical properties and impedance characteristics when
the bridge is centered versus when it's not.  I can think of as many
arguments for not centering the bridge as I can for centering it.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com