[pianotech] Cleaning Very Old Plate

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 07:24:41 MDT 2012

This is just a thought, Terry, as I've not tried all of these, but suggest that you might try naptha on terry-cloth (named for you? ) first, which does a fairly good job without melting the finsh, and doesn't leave residues; and if that's not adequate, a mild dish soap (like Seventh Generation's vegan stuff) which I suspect would not affect it. Or one or both of these with a scratch-free scrub pad. Whatever you choose, please let us know what worked best for you, and what you sprayed it with after to bring the gloss back? ( I've had seemingly excellent results with a simple spray can of Deft for this, but would not 100% guarantee that it would forever stick, in  your situation.)

Thumpe