[pianotech] Cleaning very old plate

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 21:21:01 MDT 2012

The only thing I'd be the least bit concerned about is the chlorine compounds, because chlorine is very unstable, hence reactive. ( I tried chlorine bleach in a piano once that had a  bad mouse problem, and got HORRIBLY corroded strings and pins in a  month or two!) But if Doug says he hasn't seen damage in 3 years, that's good enough for me. Better than leaving the piano to marinate in its filth!

Thumpe