[pianotech] bead blasting wood...gently

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 22:30:42 MDT 2012

I spoke with someone recently who claimed that baking soda, at the right pressure, can safely be used to nicely strip old finishes off case parts. I haven't seen the results, so if you want to try this advise "proceed with caution". But he was a professional cabinet maker, so maybe knew what he was talking about. If it's true, it woud be a real "breakthrough". ( No pun intended.)

Euphonious Thumpe