[pianotech] No Key Bushings? What a Square!

Patrick C. Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 25 11:58:42 MDT 2012

So the square piano I am working on has no key bushings - this is certainly
a first for me. Of course there is too much sideplay in the keys and
therefore bushings seem necessary. Has anyone had to do this procedure? How
difficult would it be to rout out the keys for bushings? The key pins are
.137 in diameter, so what size routing bit would be needed?
Thanks,
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
530-265-1983