[pianotech] Pronunciation

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Mon May 28 08:48:06 MDT 2012

I am of course familiar with the excellent film adaptation of Agatha
Christie's novel Death On The Nile, starring Peter Ustinov, Mia Farrow,
Bette Davis, David Niven etc.  But I can't think of anyone in it
pronouncing "pipe" as "peep" instead of ryming with "ripe".  The only
thing I can think of is that Hércule Poirot, played by Peter Ustinov,
might have pronounced it that way, denoting a Belgian struggling to
speak English, and pronouncing it badly.

I dunno.

Best wishes,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk