[pianotech] Pronunciation

lim hock seng limhseng at gmail.com
Mon May 28 08:57:57 MDT 2012

I have heard of ' I stand corrected', now I discovered 'I sit corrected',
are they the same meaning?.

Lim
On May 28, 2012 10:48 PM, "David Boyce" <David at piano.plus.com> wrote:

> I am of course familiar with the excellent film adaptation of Agatha
Christie's novel Death On The Nile, starring Peter Ustinov, Mia Farrow,
Bette Davis, David Niven etc.  But I can't think of anyone in it
pronouncing "pipe" as "peep" instead of ryming with "ripe".  The only thing
I can think of is that Hércule Poirot, played by Peter Ustinov, might have
pronounced it that way, denoting a Belgian struggling to speak English, and
pronouncing it badly.