[pianotech] re-fabricating a failed soundboard

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 11:40:21 MDT 2012

Please remember, Ron, that you are apparently Blessed with being able to work in a time and place where customers are willing to pay for extensive materials replacement.
For those of we attempting to nicely restore pianos in less salutary situations ( where we may have plenty of "time" but not much "money" to work with ) developing techniques that reuse original components is natural.

Thumpe

More and more, we're hearing about ways of trying to save the old dead materials most of us gave up on long ago and replaced with new. I fully expect at any time to read of miraculous results obtained from soaking old pianos in vats of Ressurectum to eliminate all parts replacement, refinishing, regulation, voicing, and any further need for tuning - either aurally or with an ETD. Sooper Goop!

Any day now.
Ron N