[pianotech] ETD tuning Vs Aural- Some Wisdom

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed May 30 11:56:40 MDT 2012

On 5/29/2012 5:22 PM, David Love wrote:
> While the quality of the work you deliver certainly counts, people skills and just the chemistry of what takes place between you probably counts much more for many if not most people.

Yes, and some people have just made a financial decision. They have
other things to pay for which are higher on their priority list -- OR,
sometimes, the tuning has lasted so well they don't need another for a
long time. So not calling back can be a sign of success rather than failure.

Sometimes people call back after ten or more years, "are you still
tuning pianos?" ready for their second tuning ... and they didn't call
anyone else during that time. People vary in how bad a tuning has to get
to bother them, and we do have a piano-friendly climate on the West Coast.

Susan