[pianotech] Square grand Key pins and Backchecks

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 13:24:01 MDT 2012

Terry said:
"Front rail keypins are 0.146" - so no sweat there. However, the balance
rail keypins are 0.154" - what's up with that? Any recommendations?

I was thinking of trying my new bottle of Pianotek Profelt - but they don't
have cauls for a 0.154" hole. I suppose I should just replace the bushings
anyway........ Any thoughts?

Other item is backchecks. Looks like the originals had two layers of
leather on the back and then on the front, one layer of leather and then a
thick layer of dense felt - something like hammer felt. Anyone know what
type of felt this is - and a source?