[pianotech] Kawai RX-2

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:10:21 MDT 2012

I have been tuning a Kawai RX-2 for about 5 years and it's the only one in my customer base. It's a very nice piano, but I am having trouble in the two treble sections. My technique is to set the pins by feel and I don't do much pounding. It's impossible with this piano. I must pound every string in the two copo sections or it will not stay in tune.

My question..... Is this a problem with this piano, or is it common with the RX-2? Don M please chime if you your reading this. I've tried Protec at the copo with no improvement. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This is a nice sounding piano and my customer is an excellent player. I need to get this piano to stay in tune for him without breaking shanks and strings from the heavy pounding.

Al -
High Point, NC