[pianotech] Pitch Raising

Joseph Giandalone rufy at rcn.com
Thu Nov 1 14:38:32 MDT 2012

Mr. Formsma,

Thank you for injecting your voice of reason into this nigglefest.

I would even add that your third paragraph (below) is too generous a concession. The immediate results of one's first-pass PR is just a "snapshot" of the frequencies in the speaking lengths of the strings. It doesn't take into account the state of tensions in other segments of the strings, nor the overall dynamics of the soundboard/bridges, nor the tuning pins. The true proof of the pudding will be the stability of the fine tuning(s) to follow (in some cases some weeks later).

Joseph