[pianotech] questions on the list

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:08:12 MDT 2012

Hi Everyone,When reading all of these questions folks ask on here I'm reminded of something that came up about a month or so agoa that I thought I'd mention.  While on the phone with my past instructor from the school, we were discussing different tasks and what I should know by now etc.  I'm not sure how it happened, but he mentiond an e-mail he received from a tech. in my area asking him if I was trained and wondering why I didn't know how to do certain things or something to that nature that somehow I brought up in the past.  So now I feel safe saying, "I do this or that when doing a pitch raise etc."  but I 'm leary about asking an actual question for fear it will come across as if Marshall doesn't know what he's talking about or the school I attended receiving a bum rap so to speak.  Let's face it there's quite a bit to learn and keep learning in our field.  I will admit that in the past I've asked questions maybe  due to uncertainity or due to a need for more review.  I'll also admit that due to lack of self confidence in a certain aspect of our field I might have inquired.  I do have the Reblits book here and past notes form the school and my good memory, but at times I like to gain extra feedback on here in order to make certain I'm not missing something.  Has anyone here had  any problem like this, the fear of inquring because you are worried that it might come back to you eventually?  The interesting thing is, I've never seen this person on the tech list before nor at a guild meeting, the few I've attended so far.  So Im not sure how this came about, but I thought I'd bring up this topic here because I'm honestly quite leary to ask questions specific to how to do a certain tasks, repairs or procedures anymore.  I don't mind saying I do this or that        for this and so forth but to ask a question leaves me worried that it might come back as a "does Marshall know what he's  talking about or shouldn't he know this already."  So am I the only one here who's looking over his shoulder?  If so I'll call my wifes chiropractor I'm getting a stiff neck.  Thanks for listening everyone or reading rather unless of course you have a screen reader.  Also, I'm not 100% certain this persons feedback came from anyone here, but I thought I'd start here.  I'm just looking for a safe place to inquire and state my mind without it biting me on the cheek blocks. :-) ThanksMarshall215-510-9400