[pianotech] Pitch raising addendun

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Nov 1 20:38:12 MDT 2012

Heir Lindemann made a great piano Joe

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos
www.Erwinspiano.com
Phone: 209-577-8397

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Garrett <joegarrett at earthlink.net>
To: pianotech <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Thu, Nov 1, 2012 5:41 pm
Subject: [pianotech] Pitch raising addendun

Just got home from a repeat client. The piano: A Lindeman, 1920ish, 52".
The first time I saw it , I had to put a new set of key tops on; bush the
keys; ease/level/dip the keys; clean out the interior; recondition the
action; regulate it all and raise the pitch 69 cents!<G> A year later, (I
did recommend a 6 month follow up, but that didn't happen), the piano was
exactly like I would have expected: The middle and bass were a few cents
flat. A4 was 2cents flat. The Killer octave, up to the top C88, was, for
the most part a few cents sharp.<G> Tuning was a breeze and the client told
me that he thought it sounded o.k. at the 6 month time, so let it go the
full year. He was right. Damn! I need to quit using that pitch raising
program and tuning so solid! Cost me bucks there! <G> One sluggish key:
C88, ....so, my bushing/easing went as expected. I just love it when a plan
comes together.<G>
Just thought I'd give y'all a bit of insight into the way that PR program
lays it out for ya.
Have a great weakend. Me? I'm off to oversee Oregon Day, in Keizer Oregon.
That's a one day seminar for all us DUCKS/HUSKIES/BEAVERS AND OTHER
ASSORTED ANIMAL TYPE MASCOTS! <G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police