[pianotech] cutting down a MH bridge

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 21:33:08 MDT 2012

Not really, Ron. (I should have put "calculations" in quotes.)  What I meant was "mental" calculations: figgerin', flossiphizin', stuph like that....... (All I'm good for --- numbers scare me!) This thread just got the marbles bouncing around...  but not really knowing where to go.......

     So you have an ultra-dead plate, strung at a relatively high tension, over fat, impedance inducing bridges, on a CC board, on a beefy case.......  and it all somehow adds up to that warm, rich, Mason tone....... (albeit with a board that splits like crazy, eventually) and the goal here is to improve on that. (Which I'm certain can be done!) Hmmmmmm... I'd just really want to contemplate all these complementary and countervailing (some, perhaps, by design) factors, before I tried anything...

Thumpe