[pianotech] English Overdamper piano pinblocks

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 09:25:47 MST 2012

Thumper, et al,
You said:
"Maybe we need to define the "epoxy" here. West's-type stuff, or the
water-thin variety? (And where does one get the best water-thin variety, by
the way, as was used on that bridge repair video I bought, to put around
bridge pins with a hypo, to soak into and fill up tiny cracks?)"

Thumper,
If you got SYSTEM THREE "Clear Coat", then you got one of the thinnest
epoxies out there. It's what I use for do the Soundboard Stiffeneing per
Del Fandrich's Article and recommendations. It gets great penetration and
has very good strength. It does take several days to achieve full set,
however! Alot of the recommendations in regards to this application, have
been wrong. I wish folks would do some research before using modern
adhesives. It might prevent some of the "messes" I've seen. .....er
......Nah! That'd be too easy!<G>

Best,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.