[pianotech] Epoxy

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 19:14:47 MST 2012

Terry,
As I said, It was a while ago, and it could be as you say. I may have read
it or interpreted it wrong. I think I was wrong back in the 70's, but can't
remember the specifics on that either.<G>
As for System Three epoxies, I did not say it would cure slower at higher
temps. I think what I said was that heat didn't seem to make it cure
faster, as some epoxies do and some have assumed pertains to ALL epoxies.<G>
At one time or another, I think I've used most of the major epoxies and a
few some haven't even seen or heard of.<G> It's a huge part of my bag of
trix.<G> It is far more versital,(sp?) than CA is, imo.
Joe

you don't have the manufacturer, however all the epoxies I have read about
that are designed for use in cooler weather simply have the feature that
they will harden at cooler temperatures - they will still harden faster at
higher temperatures.

> I doubt that the article said that the epoxy would cure faster in cold
weather than warm - likely it simple pointed out that it WOULD cure in cool
weather.

> But if I am wrong (it happened once before in 1962), please provide
specifics so that I can expand my knowledge.

> Here's a link to System Three Cold Cure epoxy:
http://www.systemthree.com/reslibrary/tds/Cold-Cure_TDS.pdf  It states that
it will cure down to 35 degrees F - doesn't say anything about curing
slower at higher temps.