[pianotech] Flood Damaged Pianos

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Nov 6 10:18:20 MST 2012

I would say if an upright sat in a foot or more of water for several days it's toast when you compare repair costs (if even possible) to value. Grands where the water stayed below the key bed are probably salvageable depending again on cost/value. Legs and lyres can be replaced. Where water rose above the key bed, goodbye.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com
415.407.8320